Today is All About #15 Markell Lodge

2/3/12 - First and foremost, Markell turns 17 today! If you see him today, wish him a happy birthday.

Secondly, he is on the front page of Wahoos247.com, speaking about his recent visit to George Mason who offered him a few months back. He is starting to get a good amount of interest from other Southeastern schools as well!

Here's the article on Wahoos247.com:

2014 Forward Lodge Drawing Interest

Despite being just a sophomore, Miller School forward Markell Lodge has started to draw interest from around the Southeast.

This past weekend he took a trip to George Mason to check out Paul Hewitt and the Patriots.

“There was nothing bad about the trip,” Lodge said. “I saw a lot of things like the students and the atmosphere they create. The campus is nice and clean it was an overall great trip and I got time to talk with Coach Hewitt and Coach (Chris) Kreider.”

George Mason has already stepped forward with an offer for the 6-foot-6 forward. The staff talked to Lodge this weekend about his role if he were to play for the Patriots.

“I talked to both Coach Kreider and Coach Hewitt after the game,” Lodge said. “They were just telling me how great a fit I would be and if I went there I would probably be starting as a freshman.”

Along with George Mason both Virginia and Virginia Tech have been showing interest. Neither school has stepped forward with an offer but they are both schools that have the attention of Lodge.

“Virginia has a powerhouse player in Mike Scott, he is a monster in the paint,” Lodge said. “I think Tony Bennett is a good guy, he has been over to a couple games and told my parents I did a good job.”

Virginia Tech has also shown interest in Lodge. He has not been to Blacksburg just yet but does hope to get over there soon.

“I really like Virginia Tech’s coaching style,” he said. “They really tell you what you do great and what you did wrong. I haven’t been there but I plan to go there soon.”

The South Carolina Gamecocks have made an impression on Lodge early in the process as well.

“South Carolina is recruiting me pretty hard,” he said. “I get letters from them every day. They have been sending me stuff about the basketball program and I saw them one time on television. I like the way they play.”

It is still early in the process but Lodge has an idea of what he will be looking as he picks up interest and offers.

“I am looking for a good academic school,” he said. “A good basketball school and a good connection with the players is also going to be very important.”

No comments:

Post a Comment